Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burgers
Black Bean Veggie Burgers is easy to make as well as tasty. It’s both vegetarian and vegan. It’ll make you forget all about frozen, packaged veggie burgers. This veggie burgers great on the grill or baked in the oven.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 198 Calories, 11.2 g. Protein, 33.1 g. Carbohydrates, 9.8 g. Dietary Fiber, 3 g. Fat, 53 mg. Cholesterol, 607 mg. Sodium
- 1 can (16 lb.) of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2” pieces
- 1/2 onion, cut into small wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- If grilling, preheat outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375°F, and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Put beans in medium-size bowl and mash well with a fork until almost smooth.
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- Stir together with egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce in small-size bowl.
- Stir egg mixture into mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
- To serve, serve on a whole wheat buns, top with lettuce, tomatoes and red onions.
Source : Allrecipes
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Grilling