This recipe is hearty, delicious, and budget friendly. Full of intriguing flavor combinations (cinnamon, honey, and apricots). Serve this Moroccan-style lamb stew with two cups hot cooked couscous or over brown rice.
Total Time: 1 Hour, 38 Minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Healthy Recipes Amount per serving (1 cup): 386 Calories, 41.6 g. Protein, 27.7 g. Carbohydrates, 3.3 g. Dietary Fiber, 12 g. Fat (4.8 g sat , 4.8 g mono ), 126 mg. Cholesterol, 524 mg. Sodium, 77 mg. Calcium.
- Cooking spray
- 1 boneless leg of lamb roast (about 1 lb.), trimmed and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp. of kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped onion
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. of ground red pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. of honey
- 1 Tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of dried apricots, quartered
- 1 (14 oz.) can fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
- Heat Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle lamb evenly with 1/4 tsp. of salt. Add lamb to pan, sauté about 4 min, turning to brown on all sides. Remove from pan.
- Add onion, sauté about 4 min, stirring frequently. Add remaining salt, cumin, cinnamon, red pepper and garlic, sauté about 1 min, stirring constantly.
- Stir in honey and tomato paste, cook about 30 sec, stirring frequently. Return lamb to pan. Add apricots and broth, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until lamb is tender (about 60 min), stirring occasionally.
Source : CookingLight
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Simmer