This is a perfect summer treat and makes a fancy luncheon to impress your family or friends. This recipe is made more low fat by substituting most of the mayonnaise with strained yogurt. It is surprisingly delicious and simple to make, but looks like a chef made it.
Total time: 33 minutes
(Make 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving (1 lobster roll): 340 Calories, 39 g. Protein, 25 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 14 g. fat (2 g. sat , 5 g. mono 6 g. poly), 85 mg. Cholesterol, 720 mg. Sodium
Excellent source of: Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B12, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Selenium, Zinc
Good source of: Fiber, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Iron, Potassium
- 1/2 cup of non-fat plain Greek-style yogurt or 2/3 cup of regular, plain non-fat yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. of mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. of chopped scallion greens (about 1 scallion)
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb. of cooked lobster meat or cooked shrimp, cut into 1/3-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole-wheat hot dog buns
- 1 Tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- If using regular yogurt, place it in a strainer lined with paper towel and set the strainer over a bowl. Let yogurt drain and thicken for about 20 mins.
- In medium-sized bowl, stir together yogurt, mayonnaise, celery, scallion and lemon juice. Fold in lobster meat and season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to use.
- Just before serving, open hot dog buns and brush inside with oil.
- Heat grill pan over moderately high heat and grill bread, cut side down, for about 3 mins, until toasted.
- Fill each bread with 3/4 cup of lobster mixture and serve immediately.
Source : Food Network
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Celery - Lemon - Scallion - Yogurt