Low Fat Tiramisu
This classic Italian dessert is splendid for a get together or just a special occasion at home. It made with low-fat ricotta, which turns this wicked dessert into a deliciously light treat that can be enjoyed by all. It can be made in a springform pan or trifle bowl.
Prep time: 20 minutes (Plus refrigeration time)
Cook time: 25 minutes
(Make 12 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 189 Calories, 28 g. Carbohydrates, 0.9 g. Dietary Fiber, 4.1 g. Fat, 2 g. Saturated Fat
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 1/4 cup of wholemeal self- raising flour
- 1/4 cup of white self raising flour
- 1/4 cup of cornflour
- 1 tsp. of gelatine
- 1 Tbsp. of cold water
- 1 1/2 of cups low- fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of no- fat milk
- 1/4 cup of caster sugar, extra
- 2 Tbsp. of instant coffee powder
- 2 Tbsp. of boiling water
- 1/3 cup of no- fat milk extra
- 1/2 cup of coffee flavored liqueur
- 1/2 oz. of dark chocolate, grated finely
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line base of 9-inch springform tin.
- In small-size bowl using electric mixer, beat eggs until thick and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves. Fold triple- sifted flours into egg mixture until just combined. Spread into prepared tin.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 min. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, in small-size heatproof jug, sprinkle gelatine over cold water, place jug in small pan of simmering water, stir until gelatine dissolves. Let cool for 5 min.
- In blender or food processor, blend or process ricotta, milk and extra sugar until smooth, add gelatine mixture, process until combined.
- Place boiling water in small-size bowl, dissolve coffee, then add extra milk and liqueur.
- Cut cake in half horizontally. Return one cake half to same springform tin, brush half of coffee mixture over cake, top with half of ricotta mixture. Repeat with remaining cake half, coffee mixture and ricotta mixture.
- Refrigerate tiramisu, covered, at least 3 hours.
- To serve, sprinkle top with grated chocolate and serve.
Source : Women’s Weekly
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Bake