Mexican Bean Burgers with Lime Yogurt and Salsa
These veggie burgers are a simple to make and the toppings on these burgers will have you coming back for more. It comes together healthy and quickly that can be served in less than 25 minutes.
Total time: 20 minutes
(Make 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 195 Calories, 11 g. Protein, 33 g. Carbohydrates, 6 g. Dietary Fiber, 3 g. fat (0 g. sat), 7 g. Sugar 1.38 g. Salt
- 2 cans (14 ounces/400 grams) of kidney beans , rinsed and drained
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons of mild chili powder
- Small bunch coriander , stalks and leaves chopped
- 1 egg
- 7 ounces (200 grams) tub fresh salsa
- 2/3 cup of low-fat natural yogurt
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 6 wholemeal burger buns , sliced avocado, sliced red onion and salad leaves, to serve
- Heat grill to high.
- Add beans into a large-sized bowl, then roughly crush with potato masher. Add breadcrumbs, chili powder, coriander stalks and 1/2 the leaves, egg and 2 Tablespoons of salsa, season to taste, then mix until well with fork.
- Divide mixture into 6, then wet your hands and shape into burgers. The burgers can now be frozen.
- Place burgers on non-stick baking tray, then grill for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side until golden and crisp. To cook from frozen, bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 to 30 minutes until hot through.
- Meanwhile the burgers are cooking, mix the remaining coriander leaves with yogurt, lime juice and a good grind of black pepper.
- Split the buns in half and spread the bases with some of yogurt. Top each with leaves, avocado, onion, a burger, another dollop of lime yogurt and some salsa, then serve.
Spicy veggie meatballs with pasta: Make the mix as before, omitting coriander, then shape into 16 to 20 meatballs. Toss with 1 Tablespoons of olive oil in non-stick pan and fry until browned, then pour over 2 cups of passata mixed with 1 teaspoons of dried oregano, 1 teaspoon if sugar and some seasoning. Bubble for about 10 minutes, season, then serve with pasta.
Source : BBCGoodFood
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Lemon - Red Kidney Bean - Yogurt