Mexican Black-Bean Chili
If you are looking for an easy chili recipe, try this healthy Mexican Black Bean Chili recipe to warm you up this weekend dinner. It features ground chuck, onion, bell pepper, and traditional chili spices.
(Make 6 serves)
Amount per serving (about 1 1/2 cups chili, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 1 tablespoon cilantro): 346 Calories, 25.4 g. Protein, 35.5 g. Carbohydrates, 5.5 g. Dietary Fiber, 11.6 g. Fat (4.3 g sat , 4.7 g mono), 44 mg. Cholesterol, 529 mg. Sodium, 103 mg. Calcium.
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 1 cup of diced green bell pepper
- 2 cups of ground chuck (about 1 lb.)
- 1 1/2 cups of no-salt-added beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. of dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/8 tsp. of pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans of no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 oz.) cans of black beans, drained
- 6 Tbsp. of fat-free sour cream
- 6 Tbsp. of chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat large-size non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion, bell pepper and ground chuck, cook until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well, return meat mixture to pan.
- Add broth, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, tomato and black bean, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer until slightly thick, stirring occasionally (about 15 min).
- Ladle chili into each of 6 soup bowls, top each serving with sour cream and cilantro.
Source : CookingLight
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Simmer