Minestrone Pasta Pot
This minestrone pasta pot is tasty, filling and easy to make. Ready to serve in 35 minutes or less.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 294 Calories, 11 g. Protein, 49 g. Carbohydrates, 2 g. added Sugars, 4 g. Dietary Fiber, 7 g. Fat (1 g. sat), 1.58 g. Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of tomato purée
- 300 grams of frozen mixed vegetables (about 10.5 ounces, including peas, sweetcorn, carrots and broccoli, but not the chunky stewpacks)
- 0.7 liter of hot vegetable stock
- 175 grams of small pasta shapes (about 6 ounces), such as conchigliette
- 220 grams can of baked beans (about 8 ounces)
- Grated cheddar , to serve
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat and gently fry onion about a few minutes until it starts to soften.
- Stir in tomato purée, then tip in frozen vegetables and pour in stock, bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and stir. Cover and simmer until pasta is cooked, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Stir in beans, cook until heat through, then taste for seasoning.
- Serve hot, in a bowl topped with a sprinkling of grated cheddar.
Source : BBCGoodFood
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Bean - Onion - Simmer - Tomato