Mixed Spring Greens with Champagne Vinaigrette
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 331 Calories, 18 g. Carbohydrates, 28 g. Fat, 7 g. Protein
- 1/2 lb. of mixed spring greens
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 small oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. of champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. of freshly squeezed orange juice (use the juice from the segmented oranges above)
- 1/2 tsp. of Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. of freshly grated orange peel
- 1/2 tsp. of sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. of honey
- 1/3 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- In small-sized bowl, whisk together vinegar, orange juice, mustard, orange peel, salt, pepper, and honey.
- Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking constantly, until mixture is completely emulsified. Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- In large-sized salad bowl, place spring greens and toss with vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Divide greens onto 4 salad plates. Toss oranges in salad bowl in remaining dressing, and add them to salads, Sprinkle with almonds and serve.
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - No Cook