Moist Orange Cake
Moist Orange Cake recipe that is easy to make, delicious and very zesty. This cake can be served with honey. Ready for this sweet-sour adventure.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes (Plus standing time)
(Make 12 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 180 Calories, 30.7 g. Carbohydrates, 2.5 g. Dietary Fiber, 5.3 g. Fat, 0.8 g. Saturated Fat
- 4 large oranges
- 2 oz. of low-fat dairy-free spread
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of almond meal
- 1 cup of wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 Tbsp. of no-fat soy milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and line shallow 9-inch-round cake pan.
- Finely grate 1/2 tsp. of rind from 1 orange, slice 1 Tbsp. of thin strips of rind from same orange. Reserve rinds. Squeeze the peeled orange, reserve 2/3 cup of juice. Peel remaining 3 oranges, separate into segments. Reserve segments.
- In small-size bowl, beat spread, 1/3 cup of sugar and the finely grated rind with electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add eggs, beat until combined. Add almond meal, flour, 1 Tbsp. of orange juice and milk, stir to combine. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, in oven for 20 min.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining juice and remaining sugar in small saucepan over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves, bring to a boil. Add reserved ring strips, reduce heat to low, simmer, uncovered, for 3 min or until syrup thickens slightly.
- Remove cake from oven. Let stand for 5 min, turn onto wire rack. Using skewer, pierce cake several times, brush with 3/4 cup of hot syrup.
- Serve cake sliced, with reserved orange segments and remaining syrup.
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Bake