Morning Glory Muffins
These easy and tasty muffins are a glorious way to start any day. They are a great “eat in the car” treat. Complete your breakfast with fat-free yogurt and fruit.
(Make 18 small muffins)
Amount Per Serving (1 muffin): 180 Calories, 3 g. Protein, 26 g. Carbohydrates, 2 g. Dietary Fiber, 7 g. fat, 1 g. Saturated Fat, 0 mg. Cholesterol, 163 mg. Sodium, 115 mg Potassium, 15 mg Calcium
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp. of baking soda
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of egg substitute
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of apples (unpeeled), chopped
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 3/4 cup of grated carrots
- 2 Tbsp. of pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- Whisk the flours, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon in a large-size bowl until blend evenly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg substitute, oil, applesauce and vanilla. Stir in the apples, raisins and carrots.
- Add to the flour mixture and blend just until moistened but still slightly lumpy. Scoop the batter into muffin cups of, filling each cup of about 2/3 full. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake in preheated oven about 35 minutes until springy to the touch. Let cool about 5 minutes, then remove the muffins to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Source : MayoClinic
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Bake