Muesli Breakfast Bars
This tasty and chewy muesli bar is delicious, simple to prepare and packed full of nutritious nuts. It’s combined rolled oats with nuts and fruit. The bars here are great for breakfast on the go or for an easy healthy snack anytime.
(Make 24 bars)
Amount Per Serving (1 bar): 162 Calories, 5 g. Protein, 25 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 5 g. fat, 1 g. Saturated Fat, 1 mg. Cholesterol, 60 mg. Sodium.
- 21/2 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of soy flour
- 1/2 cup of wheat germ, toasted
- 1/2 cup of fat-free dry milk
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1/2 cup of dried apples, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 cup of dark honey
- 1/2 cup of natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Combine the oats, flour, wheat germ dry milk, raisins, pecans, apples and salt in a large-size bowl. Stir well to blend then set aside.
- Stir together the honey, peanut butter and olive oil in a small-size saucepan over medium-low heat until well blended. Don’t let the mixture boil. Stir in the vanilla. Add the warm honey mixture to the dry ingredients and stir quickly until well combined. The mixture should be sticky but not wet.
- Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan. Press firmly to remove any air pockets. Bake about 25 minutes or until the edges begin to brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Set the pan on a wire rack about 10 minutes, and then cut into 24 bars. When just cool enough to handle, transfer the bars from the pan and place them on the rack to cool completely. Store the bars in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
Source : MayoClinic
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Bake