This is a definitely hearty and meaty dish, It is also less meat, more flavor, and the same luxurious creaminess. Serve this classic bolognese for dinner tonight, and then pack the leftovers for workday lunch tomorrow.
Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving (3/4 cup of sauce, about 3/4 cup of pasta, about 1 Tbsp. of cheese and 2 tsp. of parsley): 344 Calories, 22.1 g. Protein, 49.6 g. Carbohydrates, 9.6 g. Dietary Fiber, 8.6 g. Fat (2.9 g. sat fat, 3.8 g. mono fat, 1.1 g. poly fat), 34 mg. Cholesterol, 3.5 mg. Iron, 544 mg. Sodium, 130 mg. Calcium
- 1/2 oz. of dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups of chopped onion
- 3/4 tsp. of kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 lb. of ground pork
- 8 cups of finely chopped cremini mushrooms (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 Tbsp. of minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 (14 oz.) can of whole peeled tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup of whole milk
- 10 oz. of uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp. of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 oz. of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- In medium-sized bowl with boiling water, add porcini, cover and let stand until soft, about 20 mins. Drain in a colander lined with a paper towel over a bowl, reserving liquid. Rinse and chop porcini.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, 1/2 tsp. of salt, 1/4 tsp. of pepper, and pork, cook about 10 mins, until pork is browned, stirring to crumble pork.
- Add cremini mushrooms, garlic, remaining 1/4 tsp. of salt, and remaining 1/4 tsp. of pepper, cook about 15 mins, until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Add porcini, cook about 1 min.
- Add tomato paste, cook about 2 mins, stirring constantly.
- Add reserved porcini liquid and wine, cook about 1 min, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Add tomatoes, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer about 30 mins, stirring occasionally and breaking up tomatoes as necessary.
- Stir in milk, cook about 2 mins.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding 1 Tbsp. of salt to cooking water. Drain.
- Toss pasta with sauce, top with cheese and parsley. Serve hot
Source : EatingWell
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Mushroom - Onion - Tomato