This is delicious omelette is easy to make and great flavor with some grated cheddar cheese on top. You can omit the bacon for vegetarian dish. Served for a family breakfast with ketchup, toast, tea and orange juice. Leftovers can be packed up and eaten cold for a school lunchbox or picnic.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 290 Calories, 17 g. Protein, 7 g. Carbohydrates, 1 g. Dietary Fiber, 22 g. Fat, 8 g. Saturated Fat, 2 g. Sugar, 1.05 g. Salt
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 7 ounces of new potatoes (about 200 grams), thickly sliced
- 4 rashers smoked bacon.
- 2 Tablespoons of sunflower oil , plus 1 teaspoon
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of English mustard (ready-made rather than powder)
- 3 ounces of mature cheddar (about 85 grams), grated
- 2 tomatoes
- Boil sliced potatoes in pan of lightly salted water about 10 min, until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile snip bacon into pieces with scissors. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in frying, then add bacon and stir-fry until it turns pink. Add spring onions, stir briefly for a couple of seconds to slightly soften, then tip bacon and onion into a bowl. Wash and dry frying pan.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs with mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add half of cheese to egg mixture with cooked bacon, onions and potatoes. Gently stir to mix everything.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of oil in frying pan, Hold your hand an inch or two above the pan, and when it feels hot, pour in mixture, then stir a couple of times as it sets on the base of pan to start it cooking.
- Turn on the grill so it has time to heat up. Leave omelette to cook, undisturbed, over a low heat about 6 min.
- Meanwhile, cut tomatoes into wedges, scatter over omelette and sprinkle with cheese.
- When omelette seems set on the base, but is still a little eggy on top, put frying pan under the grill to cook the last of egg mixture and melt cheese. Cool about 5 min, then turn out of pan. Cut into wedges and serve.
- TRY: To give this omelette a more elegant twist, omit the bacon and tomatoes, and stir 3 slices smoked salmon, cut into thin slices, and 1 tbsp chopped dill in with the eggs in step 4. Continue to cook as before and serve cut into wedges.
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Stir Fry