Orecchiette with Peas, Shrimp, and Buttermilk-Herb Dressing
This herby pasta salad is not only tasty, but low in fat. The dressing is made with reduced-fat mayonnaise, cut with some fat-free buttermilk and an epic amount of fresh herbs. This summer pasta salad is perfect for a picnic, potluck gathering or light dinner, double the recipe to serve for a party. It is also great leftover for workday lunch tomorrow.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving (1 1/2 cups): 340 Calories, 22.2 g. Protein, 54.7 g. Carbohydrates, 4.7 g. Dietary Fiber, 3.4 g. Fat (0.4 g. sat fat, 0.3 g. mono fat, 1.5 g. poly fat), 86 mg. Cholesterol, 4.1 mg. Iron, 585 mg. Sodium, 84 mg. Calcium
- 8 oz. of uncooked orecchiette pasta (or medium shell-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup of shelled green peas (about 1 lb. unshelled green peas) or frozen green peas
- 1/2 lb. of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of thinly sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup of reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of fat-free buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp. of minced fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp. of chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of grated lemon rind
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. of ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add peas and shrimp during last 2 mins of cooking. Drain and rinse with cold water, drain.
- In large-sized bowl, combine pasta mixture and radishes.
- In small-sized bowl, combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients, stir well with a whisk. Pour over pasta mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and let stand 20 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Source : EatingWell
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Green Pea - Red Pepper