Parmesan Spring Chicken
Here is a lighter, lower calorie version of chicken parmesan with great spring flavors and crispy, tender chicken. It comes together quickly and easily. It is also low in fat and high in vitamin C. Perfect for week night supper.
Total time: 20 minutes
(Make 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 339 Calories, 42 g. Protein, 20 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 20 g. fat (11 g. sat), 3 g. Sugar, 0.53 g. Salt
- 1 egg white
- 5 Tablespoons of finely grated Parmesan
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 14 ounces (400 grams) of new potatoes , cut into small cubes
- 5 ounces (140 grams) of frozen peas
- Good handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 Tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Heat grill to medium and line the grill pan with foil.
- Beat egg white on a plate with a little salt and pepper. Tip Parmesan onto another plate.
- Dip chicken first in egg white, then the cheese. Grill the coated chicken for about 10 to 12 minutes, turning once until browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile chicken is cooking, boil potatoes for about 10 minutes, adding peas for the final 3 minutes, then drain.
- Toss vegetables with spinach leaves, vinegar, oil and seasoning to taste. Divide between four warm plates, then serve with chicken.
Source : BBCGoodFood
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Grilling - Potato - Spinach