Peppery Monterey Jack Pasta Salad
The juicy fresh tomatoes, tangy banana peppers, creamy Monterey Jack cheese, and salty salami and capers make it a colorful and flavorful pasta salad dish. It is great as either an entrée or side. The best part about this simple pasta salad is that you can make them in less than 20 minutes. Serve with Asiago breadsticks.
Acini di pepe [ah-CHEE-nee dee-PAY-pay] are tiny pasta rounds resembling peppercorns. Use ditalini (very short tube-shaped macaroni) or any other small pasta shape if you can’t find acini di pepe in your supermarket.
Total time: 20 Minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving (about 1 1/2 cups): 371 Calories, 16.6 g. Protein, 51.7 g. Carbohydrates, 6.3 g. Dietary Fiber, 11.6 g. Fat (4.7 g. sat fat, 5.3 g. mono fat, 1.4 g. poly fat), 21 mg. Cholesterol, 3.5 mg. Iron, 919 mg. Sodium, 164 mg. Calcium
- 6 oz. of uncooked acini di pepe pasta (about 1 cup)
- 2 1/4 cups of diced plum tomato (about 14 oz.)
- 1/3 cup of capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup of sliced pickled banana peppers
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. of cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. of dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. of salt
- 2 oz. of Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 (16 oz.) can of navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 oz. of salami, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
- In large-sized bowl, combine tomato and remaining ingredients.
- Add pasta to tomato mixture, tossing well to combine.
- Asiago breadsticks: Combine 1/2 cup of grated Asiago cheese, 1 Tbsp. of sesame seeds, and 1 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper in small-sized bowl. Separate 1 (7 oz.) can of refrigerated breadstick dough to form 8 sticks, roll each breadstick in cheese mixture. Bake according to package directions.
Source : EatingWell
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Caper - Onion - Tomato