Pesto Chicken Florentine
This Pasta dishes is quick to make for weeknights yet elegant enough to serve to guests on weekend dinner parties. Spinach, chicken and pasta smothered in a glorious pesto and Very tasty leftovers. It’s perfect with crunchy bread and romaine salad.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 572 Calories, 41.9 g. Protein, 57.3 g. Carbohydrates, 2.5 g. Dietary Fiber, 19.3 g. Fat, 84 mg. Cholesterol, 1,707 mg. Sodium
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 2 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 (4.5 oz.) package of dry Alfredo sauce mix
- 2 Tbsp. of pesto
- 1 (8 oz.) package of dry penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp. of grated Romano cheese
- In large-size skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, saute about 1 minute, then add chicken slices and cook about 7-8 minutes on each side until chicken almost done (no longer pink inside), add fresh spinach leaves and saute all together about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Alfredo sauce according to package directions. When finished, stir in 2 Tbsp. of pesto, then set aside.
- Add pasta to large pot of salted boiling water. Cook pasta until al dente (about 8-10 minutes), then drain.
- Pour chicken mixture to pasta, then stir in sauce mixture. Mix well, Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Source : Allrecipes
Cubed chicken breast is simmered in a peppery tomato-basil sauce and tossed with fine strands of angel hair pasta. ...
Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue
This is a quick-prep healthy chicken recipe that gives a twist to basic barbecue chicken. You can even throw in the chicken breasts frozen. ...