In this recipe, pears are simmered in orange and apple juice. The pears retain their shape, making this an elegant complement to any meal.
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving (1 pear): 145 Calories, 1 g. Protein, 36 g. Carbohydrates, 5 g. Dietary Fiber, 0 g. Fat, 0 g. Saturated Fat, 0 mg. Cholesterol, 0 mg. Sodium
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup of apple juice
- 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of ground nutmeg
- 4 whole pears, peeled, leave the stems, remove the core from the bottom
- 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries (or fresh unsweetened berries such as strawberries, blueberries or blackberries)
- 2 Tbsp. of orange zest
- Combine orange and apple juices, cinnamon and nutmeg in small-size bowl. Stir to mix evenly.
- Place pears in shallow pan. Add juice mixture to the pan and set over medium heat. Simmer about 1/2 hour, turning pears frequently. Don’t boil.
- Transfer to serving plates. Garnish with raspberries and orange zest and serve immediately.
Source : MayoClinic
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Simmer