These high-rise popovers are a great Sunday breakfast dish. Serve them hot from the oven with unsalted butter and strawberry jam.
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving (1 popover): 101 Calories, 6 g. Protein, 18 g. Carbohydrates, 0.5 g. Dietary Fiber, 1 mg. Cholesterol, 152 mg. Sodium, 98 mg Potassium, 42 mg Calcium
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup of fat-free milk
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- Low fat cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Generously coat 6 glass muffin molds with cooking spray. Heat the muffin molds in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg whites, milk, flour and salt in a large-size bowl, with an electric mixer, beat until smooth. Fill the heated muffin molds 2/3 full. Bake in the top part of the oven about 30 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Serve immediately.
- Note : To make cheese popovers, add 1 Tbsp. of batter into the bottom of each cup. Top with 1 tsp. of Parmesan cheese and fill the cups 2/3 full with remaining batter. The Parmesan cheese adds 7 calories, a trace amount of fat and cholesterol, and 25 milligrams of sodium to each popover.
- Note : There are three secrets to great popovers: Make sure the pan is hot before you pour in the batter, fill each section not more than half full and no peeking while they’re in the oven.
Source : MayoClinic
These easy and tasty muffins are a glorious way to start any day. They are a great "eat in the car" treat. Complete your breakfast with fat-free yogurt and fruit....
Healthy Buckwheat Pancakes
These are delicious buckwheat pancakes that taste great with some sliced strawberries. (or other types of fresh fruit such as sliced bananas or peaches.)...
Muesli Breakfast Bars
This tasty and chewy muesli bar is delicious, simple to prepare and packed full of nutritious nuts. It’s combined rolled oats with nuts and fruit. The bars here are great for breakfast on the go ...
Delicious homemade Cinnamon Rolls (also called Cinnamon Twists and Cinnamon Bun). Enjoy them fresh and warm. ...
Chickpea Polenta with Olives
Panisse, a polenta-like side dish that come from the southern France, is healthy and low-caloric and as classy and delightful as a glass of old French wine or a beautiful French woman. ...