Quick-Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce with Spaghetti
Make a simple fresh tomato sauce for this refreshing summer pasta dish by roasting cherry tomatoes and adding basil, parsley and goat cheese to the dish. The combination of tomatoes and goat cheese is great. This recipe is also low in fat and calories. It is only 328 calories per serving. For the prettiest dish, use multicolored tomatoes from the farmers’ market or, if you’re lucky, your backyard.
Delicious, Simply, Quick and Healthy. What more can you ask for in a dinner?
Total time: 32 Minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving (about 1 1/3 cups): 328 Calories, 11 g. Protein, 46.6 g. Carbohydrates, 3.2 g. Dietary Fiber, 10.8 g. Fat (3.2 g. sat fat, 5.8 g. mono fat, 1.2 g. poly fat), 7 mg. Cholesterol, 2.7 mg. Iron, 376 mg. Sodium, 48 mg. Calcium
- 4 qt. of water
- 2 tsp. of kosher salt
- 8 oz. of uncooked spaghetti
- 2 2/3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. of red wine vinegar
- 3/8 tsp. of kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. of chopped or torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup of crumbled semisoft goat cheese (about 2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bring 4 qt. of water to a boil in large-sized Dutch oven. Add 1 Tbsp. of salt and spaghetti, cook according to package directions, drain spaghetti in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/3 cup of cooking water. Return spaghetti to pan, set aside, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile spaghetti is cooking, combine tomatoes, 1 Tbsp. of olive oil, vinegar, 3/8 tsp. of salt and pepper on jelly-roll pan, tossing well to coat.
- Bake tomato mixture at 450 degrees F until tomatoes are soft and lightly charred in places, about 10 mins.
- Add tomatoes and any tomato juice to spaghetti in Dutch oven.
- Add 3 Tbsp. of reserved cooking water to jelly-roll pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits, carefully pour water mixture and remaining 1 Tbsp. of oil into spaghetti mixture.
- Place Dutch oven over medium heat. Add remaining reserved cooking water, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until spaghetti mixture is moist, tossing frequently.
- Stir in basil and parsley. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Source : EatingWell
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Basil - Red Pepper - Tomato