Quick Spinach and Tomato Pasta
While the pasta is cooking, whip up this vegetable-rich sauce for dinner in 20 minutes or less. Serve with a garden salad for perfect meal.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 352 Calories, 17 g. Protein, 60 g. Carbohydrates, 0 g added Sugars, 16 g. Dietary Fiber, 7 g. Fat ( 2 g. sat , 2 g. mono ), 7 mg. Cholesterol, 265 mg. Sodium, 618 mg. Potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (181% daily value), Vitamin C (39% dv), Folate (25% dv), Iron (23% dv), Potassium (18% dv), Calcium (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 high-fat meat, 1/2 fat
- 1 lb. of whole-wheat pasta
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can (14 oz.) of tomatoes, drained
- 1 lb. of frozen spinach
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta in large-size pot of boiling salted water until al dente or according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large-size skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion.
- Add tomatoes, simmer about 10 min.
- Stir in spinach, cook until heat through.
- Drain pasta, toss with sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with feta. Serve warm.
Source : EatingWell
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Onion - Spinach - Stir Fry - Tomato