Raspberry-Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt
The combo of tangy raspberries and rich chocolate made this tart frozen yogurt recipe is a real treat. With only 5 ingredients, this dessert recipe comes together easily. Using mini chocolate chips ensures chocolate in every bite. This simple and refreshing recipe is a perfect healthy treat for the hot summer days ahead.
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
(Make 8 serveings)
Amount Per Serving (about 1/2 cup): 147 Calories, 4 g. Protein, 25 g. Carbohydrates, 4 g. Dietary Fiber, 4 g. Fat ( 2 g. sat , 1 g. mono ), 4 mg. Cholesterol, 45 mg. Sodium, 253 mg. Potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 reduced fat milk, 1 other carbohydrate
- 3 cups of fresh or frozen (not thawed) raspberries
- 2 cups of low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, preferably mini
- In blender or food processor, puree raspberries, yogurt, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to ice cream maker (or see Note). Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions, or until desired consistency. During the last 5 minutes of freezing, add chocolate chips.
- Transfer to airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
- Note: No Ice Cream Maker? Pour mixture into a 9-by-13-inch pan and place in freezer. Stir every few hours, until mixture is firm along the edges and semi-firm in the center, 2 to 6 hours (using frozen berries will shorten the freezing time). Transfer to food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer to airtight container, stir in chocolate chips, cover and freeze until ready to serve.
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
Source : EatingWell
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Raspberry - Summer - Yogurt