Raspberry Yogurt Cake
This Raspberry Yogurt Cake recipe should have been on the front cover of the dessert cookbook. It is so yummy, moist and simple to make. The yogurt helps make this cake especially tender. The raspberries are a great addition to this delicious cake with their delicate flavor and tender texture. This cake is perfect for brunch or afternoon tea.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 5 minutes
(Make 12 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 186 Calories, 28 g. Carbohydrates, 2.3 g. Dietary Fiber, 6.5 g. Fat, 1.7 g. Saturated Fat
- 1/2 cup of low-fat dairy-free spread
- 3/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups of wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup of low-fat yogurt
- 3.5 oz. of frozen raspberries
- 2.5 oz. of light cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup of icing sugar mixture
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 6×9-inch loaf pan, line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above edges of pan.
- In medium-size bowl, beat spread and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined.
- Transfer mixture to medium-size bowl, stir in flour, yogurt and raspberries. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in oven for 1 hour 5 min. Let stand for 10 min, turn onto wire rack, turn top-side up to cool. Place cake on serving plate, spread cake top with cream-cheese frosting with spatula.
- To make cream-cheese frosting. In small-size bowl, whisk cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Bake