Red Bell Peppers and Broccoli Salad
Both broccoli and red peppers are high in nutritional value, so maximise on their intake to boost your health.
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 169 Calories, 11 g. Carbohydrates, 14 g. Fat, 3 g. Protein
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 tsp. of sea salt
- 2 cups of broccoli, stems and florets
- 2 cups of red bell pepper, matchstick sliced
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of umeboshi plum (found in the Asian aisle at the grocery store)
- 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon
- Bring water to a boil and add salt.
- Quickly blanch the broccoli stems and florets (to blanch, place veggies in the boiling water about 1 to 2 mins, remove and plunge into ice water. Once the broccoli has cooled, remove and drain). The broccoli should be bright and crunchy.
- Arrange red bell peppers and broccoli in clear bowl.
- Mix all ingredients of dressing and toss with veggies. Let stand about 5 to 10 mins so the dressing can marinade veggies.
- Garnish with tarragon leaves and serve.
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Bell pepper - Broccoli