Roasted Asparagus and Tomato Penne Salad with Goat Cheese
The roasted asparagus and the caramelized tomatoes are splendid combined with the honey laced dressing that the penne pasta is tossed with. This pasta salad would make a pleasant addition to any picnic, potluck gathering or light dinner. Serve immediately or cover and chill for 2 hours for a cold pasta salad.
Total Time: 35 Minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving (about 1 1/4 cups of pasta mixture and 2 Tbsp. of cheese): 408 Calories, 11.3 g. Protein, 42.9 g. Carbohydrates, 3.5 g. Dietary Fiber, 22.3 g. Fat (5.5 g. sat fat, 13.7 g. mono fat, 2.1 g. poly fat), 11 mg. Cholesterol, 3.6 mg. Iron, 584 mg. Sodium, 101 mg. Calcium
- 2 cups of uncooked penne or mostaccioli (tube-shaped pasta)
- 12 asparagus spears
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/8 tsp. of kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. of black pepper, divided
- 1 Tbsp. of minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. of dried herbes de Provence
- 1 1/2 tsp. of honey
- 1/2 cup of pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 cups of baby arugula
- 1/2 cup of crumbled goat cheese (2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat, drain well and set aside.
- Place asparagus and tomatoes on a jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. of salt and 1/4 tsp. of black pepper. Toss gently to coat.
- Arrange asparagus and tomato mixture in a single layer. Bake at 400 degrees F until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 6 mins. Remove asparagus from pan.
- Place pan back in oven, and bake tomatoes an additional 4 mins. Remove tomatoes from pan, let asparagus and tomatoes stand 10 minutes. Cut asparagus into 1-inch lengths and halve tomatoes.
- In small-sized bowl, combine shallots, lemon juice, mustard, herbes and honey, stirring with a whisk.
- Gradually add remaining 3 Tbsl. of olive oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Stir in remaining 1/8 tsp. of salt and 1/4 tsp. of black pepper.
- To serve, place pasta, asparagus, tomato, olives, and arugula in a large bowl, toss to combine. Drizzle juice mixture over pasta mixture, toss again. Sprinkle with cheese.
Source : EatingWell
Recipe Under : 400 Up Calories - Arugula - Asparagus - Olive - Shallot - Tomato