Romaine Salad with Chicken and Mango
This simple chicken dish is made with mostly pantry items. It comes together easily and quickly. You can have this great, dark, green leaf salad on the table in under 35 minutes. It also loaded with nutrition value, including essential minerals, vitamins K, C, E, and many of the B vitamins.
Total time: 35 minutes
(Make 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 257 Calories, 26 g. Protein, 16 g. Carbohydrates, 2 g. Dietary Fiber, 10 g. fat (1.5 g. sat), 435 mg. Sodium
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups of shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 small bunch of watercress, large stems trimmed
- 1/2 cup of finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of the oil in a large-sized skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Cook, turning, about 6 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to cutting board.
- Add shallots and 1 Tablespoon of the vinegar to skillet and cook, stirring, about 3 minutes, until the shallots are softened and liquid is almost evaporated. Transfer to a small-sized bowl.
- Add remaining 1 Tablespoon of oil and 1 Tablespoon of vinegar to the shallot mixture. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper and whisk to combine.
- Place romaine, watercress, cabbage, and mango in a serving bowl. Cut the chicken diagonally into long, thin strips. Add to the romaine mixture, toss with dressing, and serve immediately.
Source : Prevention
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Cabbage - Lettuce - Mango - Shallot - Watercress