Root Vegetable Salad
This colorful salad looks fancy, but it is so easy to make. It will be ready and served in just a few minutes. It is also a better way to help get kids to eat more vegetables.
(Make 5 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 185 Calories, 21 g. Carbohydrates, 11 g. Fat, 3 g. Protein
- 5 whole beets (about 2-inch in diameter)
- 1/4 cup of fresh chives, minced
- 3 cups of celery root, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1/2 tsp. of celery salt
- 3 1/2 cups of grated carrots
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh tarragon, minced
- 1/4 cup of minced shallots
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- In small-sized bowl, whisk together shallots, vinegar, mustard, and garlic until blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Set aside.
- Cook beets in a pot of boiling salted water about 30 minutes until tender when pierced with a small sharp knife. Drain and let cool. Peel and grate beets.
- In medium-sized bowl, mix beets, chives and 1/3 cup of Shallot-Mustard Vinaigrette.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine celery root, lemon juice, parsley, and celery salt. Mix with 1/3 cup of Shallot-Mustard Vinaigrette.
- In another medium-sized bowl, mix carrots, tarragon, and 1/3 cup of Shallot-Mustard Vinaigrette.
- Season each salad with salt and pepper. Cover and chill salads for at least 1 hour.
- Arrange salads on a platter, placing beet mix on bottom, then layer celery root mix on top of beets, finishing with carrot mix on top. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Salads can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep them separate from each other until ready to serve so that colors stay clean. Keep chilled.
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Beet - Carrot - Celery - Shallot - Tarragon