Sausage Kale and Bean Soup
Sausage kale and bean soup is a simple five-ingredient soup and packed with protein and delicious to boot. Serve with crusty bread for a well-rounded meal.
(Make 4 serves)
Amount per serving (about 1 3/4 cups): 280 Calories, 17 g. Protein, 33.6 g. Carbohydrates, 2.8 g. Dietary Fiber, 9 g. Fat (3.2 g sat , 3.8 g mono), 20 mg. Cholesterol, 924 mg. Sodium, 153 mg. Calcium.
- 4 oz. of Cajun smoked sausage, chopped (such as Conecuh)
- 3 cups of fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups of coarsely chopped kale (about 8 ounces)
- 1 (16 oz.) can of navy beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat large-size saucepan over medium-high heat. Add smoked sausage to pan, cook about 2 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and diced tomatoes, bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in kale. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until the kale is tender (about 4 min).
- Stir in beans, and cook until soup is thoroughly heated (about 1 min).
Source : CookingLight
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Simmer