Sausage, Tomato, and Arugula Fettuccine
This 20-minute pasta is fresh, tasty and healthy. It is only 356 calories per serving. The fresh fettucine, peppery arugula and slightly carmelized sweet tomatoes help keep this pasta dish light while the Italian sausage makes it satisfying. The pecorino-romano gives a salty bite.
Total time: 20 Minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving (1 1/3 cups of pasta and about 2 Tbsp. of cheese): 356 Calories, 19.8 g. Protein, 39.3 g. Carbohydrates, 3.9 g. Dietary Fiber, 13 g. Fat (4.2 g. sat fat, 4.2 g. mono fat, 2.4 g. poly fat), 92 mg. Cholesterol, 3 mg. Iron, 558 mg. Sodium, 168 mg. Calcium
- 1 (9 oz.) package of refrigerated fettuccine
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 6 oz. of Italian turkey sausage, remove casing and break into bite-sized
- 2 tsp. of minced garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups of baby arugula leaves
- 2 oz. of pecorino Romano cheese, shaved
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2/3 cup of cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile pasta is cooking, heat oil in large-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook about 3 minutes, until browned, stirring frequently to crumble.
- Add garlic, cook about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes and pepper, cover and cook about 2 minutes. Mash tomatoes with the back of wooden spoon to break them up. Cover pan, reduce heat to low, and cook about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Add pasta, reserved 2/3 cup of cooking liquid, and arugula, toss well. Sprinkle with pecorino Romano. Enjoy!
Source : EatingWell
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Arugula - Tomato