Seared Chicken with Apricot Sauce
This Seared Chicken with Apricot Sauce uses fresh apricots, white wine, apricot preserves and tarragon combine in a quick sauce that’s delicious on chicken. Let this basic recipe inspire you to create your own variations. Try different combinations of wine (or even fruit juice with a touch of vinegar) and other fruits and preserves. Serve with quinoa or brown rice and sautéed spinach or asparagus completes dinner.
This recipe tasted fancy, like something Y would eat at a restaurant, and even kept great for lunch the next day. Plus, 1 chicken breast with sauce is a healthy part of a complete meal.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Healthy Recipes Amount Per Serving: 252 Calories, 27 g. Protein, 15 g. Carbohydrates, 1 g. Dietary Fiber, 5 g. Fat ( 1 g sat , 2 g mono ), 66 mg. Cholesterol, 517 mg. Sodium, 444 mg. potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 lean meat
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and tenders removed
- 3/4 tsp. of salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour (You can try brown rice flour if avoiding gluten)
- 1 Tbsp. of canola oil
- 3/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 4 fresh apricots, pitted and chopped (or 6 dried apricots)
- 2 Tbsp. of apricot preserves
- 2 tsp. of chopped fresh tarragon , or 1/2 tsp. of dried
- Place chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Beat it senseless pound it until it is an even 1/2 inch thick.. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. of salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish then dredge chicken in flour, and shaking off excess. (Discard any leftover flour.)
- In large-size skillet over medium heat, heat canola oil, then add chicken and cook about 3-5 min. per side or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm. (If necessary, cook chicken in two batches with an additional 1 Tbsp. of oil.)
- Off the heat, add wine and minced shallot to the pan. Return to medium heat and cook about 3 min. , scraping up any browned bits, until slightly reduced.
- Add apricots and cook about 2-3 min. until fruit begins to break down. Stir in preserves, tarragon and the remaining of salt. Return chicken to the pan and cook until heated through (about 1-2 min.) Serve chicken with the sauce.
Source : EatingWell
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Stir Fry