Seared Steak with Chard Salad
This simple salad is made with sautéed Swiss chard and homemade croutons with a garlicky tomato and anchovy dressing. A few slices of juicy grilled steak are the perfect on the side. This Seared Steak with Chard Salad is great for entertaining or even an easy weeknight dinner.
Total time: 35 minutes
(Make 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 484 Calories, 44 g. Protein, 18 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 26 g. fat (8 g. sat), 88 mg. Cholesterol, 1,304 mg. Sodium
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed, leaves thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of large crusty bread cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3-4 anchovies
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 lb. of boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1 tsp. of dried mint
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Put chard in large-sized bowl.
- Heat large-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. of oil, bread cubes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, tossing, until toasted. Add to chard.
- Add anchovies to skillet, mashing them with whisk.
- Add garlic and 2 Tbsp. of oil and cook for about 45 seconds, until garlic is golden.
- Add tomatoes and warm slightly, then whisk in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour warm dressing over chard, toss and set aside to wilt.
- Sprinkle steak on both sides with mint, salt and pepper to taste.
- Wipe out skillet and place over high heat. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. of oil to skillet.
- Sear steak until browned on bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook until browned on other side, about 3-4 more minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest about 5 minutes.
- Add feta to chard salad and toss.
- Thinly slice steak and serve with chard salad.
- Note: If you’re feeding a crowd and looking to keep costs down, try an inexpensive cut of meat like flank or skirt steak.
Source : Food Network
Recipe Under : 400 Up Calories - Anchovies - Swiss chard - Tomato