Sizzled Green Beans with Crispy Prosciutto and Pine Nuts
Green beans have been a go-to vegetable for many Americans and that’s great! Green beans are a geat source of vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin A, fiber, potassium, folate, iron.
Excite your taste buds with this tasty green bean dish. Sizzling green beans in a little oil helps to bring out their natural sweetness. Prosciutto, pine nuts and lemon zest dress up the flavor without adding a lot of fat. The few leftovers that there are heated up very very nicely.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
(Make 8 Servings, 3/4 cup each)
Healthy Recipes Amount Per Serving: 99 Calories, 5 g. Protein, 10 g. Carbohydrates, 4 g. Dietary Fiber, 5 g. Fat ( 1 g sat , 2 g mono ), 6 mg. Cholesterol, 264 mg. Sodium, 196 mg. potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat
- 4 cups of green beans (2 lb.), trimmed
- 2 1/2 tsp. of extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup of prosciutto (2 oz.), thinly sliced, cut into ribbons
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. of minced fresh sage
- 1/4 tsp. of salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
- 1 1/2 tsp. of freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice
- Bring large-size pot of water to a boil. Add beans, return to a boil, and simmer about 3-4 min or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In large-size nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1/2 tsp. of oil and add prosciutto, cook, stirring, about 4-5 min or until crispy. Drain on a paper towel.
- Wipe out the pan, heat the remaining of oil over medium heat. Add beans, garlic, sage, 1/8 tsp. of salt and several grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 min or until the beans are browned in places.
- Stir in pine nuts, lemon zest and prosciutto. Season with lemon juice, the remaining of salt and pepper.
Source : EatingWell
Recipe Under : 0 to 100 Calories - Stir Fry