Southwestern Potato Skins
Potato skins are a great source of iron, vitamin B-6 and fiber, Serve these with chunky salsa. 2 Tbsp. salsa adds less than 10 calories.
(Make 6 servings)
Amount Per Serving(4 wedges): 181 Calories, 6 g Protein, 28 g Carbohydrates, 5 g Dietary Fiber, 5 g Fat 2 g Sat Fat, 20 mg Cholesterol, 199 mg Sodium
Potato skins are a very good source of iron, vitamin B-6 and fiber.
- 6 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. of Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked until crisp, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 Tbsp. of green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Low-fat cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Prick each potatoes several times with a fork. Microwave uncovered on high about 10 minutes or until tender. Transfer the potatoes from the microwave and place on a wire rack to cool. When cool to the touch, cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4” of the flesh attached to the skin. (Save potato flesh for another meal.)
- Whisk together the olive oil, Tabasco sauce and chili powder in a small-size bowl. Brush the olive oil mixture on the insides of the potato skins. Cut each half of the potato skin in half again crosswise. Arrange the potatoes onto the baking sheet.
- Mix together the turkey bacon, tomato and onions in a small-size bowl. Fill each potato skin with this mixture and sprinkle each with cheese.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the potato skins are heated through.
- Serve with chunky salsa. 2 Tbsp. of of salsa adds less than 10 calories. (optional)
Source : MayoClinic
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Bake