Speedy Tuna Pasta Salad
This recipe is simple no oil, no mayonnaise, no cream cheeses but a great balance beans and tuna. This pasta salad is perfect for a lunchbox meal or when your kid is hungry and you need something quick and easy to get on the table.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: No Cook
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 238 Calories, 19 g. Protein, 31 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. added Sugars, 5 g. Dietary Fiber, 5 g. Fat (1 g. sat), 0.96 g. Salt
- 2 packs (7 ounces each) of ready-cooked pasta (we used Dolmio Express), or 14 ounces of leftover cooked penne
- 1 can (3.5 ounces) of tuna in oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) of cannellini beans , (borlotti or butterbeans are also good)
- 1⁄2 red onion , finely chopped
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- Large handful parsley
- Microwave the cooked penne according to pack instructions.
- Tip penne into a bowl. Mix through the remaining ingredients (the warm pasta will really soak up the flavors). If using chilled leftover pasta, simply mix everything together – it will still taste great. Can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Source : BBCGoodFood
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Cannellini Bean - Onion