Spicy Miso Kale Soup
This nourishing soup is a perfect for keeping your warm on a cold winter’s day and the bonus is that it’s good for your immune systems and help restore balance to your liver. The study found that the liver loves dark leafy bitter greens and pungent flavors.
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 382 Calories, 42 g. Carbohydrates, 17 g. Fat, 19 g. Protein
- 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of garam masala
- 1 tsp. of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. of cayenne pepper
- 2 qt. of chicken or vegetable stock, heated in large-sized pan
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 2 cans of garbanzo beans (Chickpeas)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. of white miso paste
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in large-sized pan over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic until well cooked over
- Add garam masala, turmeric and cayenne pepper, cook about 2 more mins.
- Add stock and simmer about 5 mins.
- Add kale and simmer about 5 mins.
- With a slotted spoon remove most of kale and place in a blender with 3/4 of garbanzo beans and 1 cup of water. Then return to the pan.
- Add pureed beans, whole beans, and coconut milk, simmer.
- Remove a small amount of soup and place in small-sized bowl. Dissolve miso in that liquid, then add directly into soup.
- DO NOT BOIL the miso. (this will kill the healthy bacteria.)
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
- Note: Garam masala and turmeric can be found in the spice aisle at the grocery store, in an Indian market, or health food store.
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Cayenne Pepper - Cilantro - Garbanzo Bean - Kale - Miso - Onion - Simmer