Spinach and Asparagus Salad
This super-easy salad is made with spinach, asparagus, olives and pine nuts. Serve as lunch or dinner.
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 323 Calories, 6 g. Carbohydrates, 33 g. Fat, 4 g. Protein
- 3 bunches of spinach
- 2 1/2 cups of asparagus, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup of kalamata olives, deseed by cutting down the center lengthwise
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts, toasted (See Note)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp. of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Quickly blanch asparagus and set aside.
- In medium-sized bowl, combine spinach, asparagus, and olives.
- Whisk all ingredients of dressing together, pour over salad, and top with toasted pine nuts.
- Note: To toast pine nuts: Add pine nuts in dry skillet over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - No Cook