Stir-Fried Noodles with Green Tea
This Stir-Fried Noodles with Green Tea made with baked tofu, bell peppers, scallions and stir-fried with udon noodles. You can increase fiber by Add a green capsicum and any vegetables of your choice. This dish is perfect for hot summer’s dinner.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 420 Calories, 22 g. Protein, 47 g. Carbohydrates, 5 g. Dietary Fiber, 16 g. fat ( 2 g. sat , 5 g. mono ), 0 mg. cholesterol, 539 mg. sodium, 263 mg. Potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (100% daily value), Vitamin A (40% dv), Iron (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 medium fat meat, 1 fat
- 8 oz. of udon or whole-wheat noodles
- 2 Tbsp. of canola oil
- 1 tsp. of loose green tea leaves, preferably gunpowder (optional)
- 2 tsp. of minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. of flavored baked tofu, (see Tip), cut into matchsticks
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 scallions, cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. of reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. of rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. of toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground pepper
- Cook noodles according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over medium heat. Add canola oil and swirl to coat.
- Add tea leaves (if using), ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add tofu and cook, stirring, about 2 min.
- Add red and yellow bell peppers and cook, stirring, about 1-2 min, until peppers are soften.
- Stir in noodles, scallions, soy sauce and vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 min, until noodles are heated through.
- Stir in sesame oil and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve warm or cold.
- Tip: Precooked “baked tofu” is firmer than water-packed tofu and comes in a wide variety of flavors. We prefer flavors like “teriyaki,” “Thai” and “savory” in this recipe. You might also like flavored baked tofu on a sandwich or in a stir-fry.
Source : EatingWell
Recipe Under : 400 Up Calories - Bell pepper - Ginger - Green Tea - Scallion - Stir Fry - Tofu