Summer Fruit Gratin
Summer fruits cloaked in zabaglione and grilled until golden make an irresistible dinner party dessert. This recipe is OK for those on the LMD (Low Microbial Diet).
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 224 Calories, 4 g. Protein, 38 g. Carbohydrates, 5 g. Dietary Fiber, 8 g. Fat, 1 g. Saturated Fat, 0 mg. Cholesterol, 52 mg. Sodium
- 2 cups of cherries, pitted and halved (about 1 lb. total weight)
- 4 cups of peeled, pitted and sliced mixed summer stone fruits, such as nectarines, peaches and apricots (about 2 lb. total weight)
- 1 Tbsp. of whole-wheat flour
Ingredients of topping
- 1/2 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 4 Tbsp. of sliced almonds
- 3 Tbsp. of whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. of firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. of ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. of salt
- 2 Tbsp. of walnut oil or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. of dark honey
- Low-fat cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9” square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine cherries and stone fruits in medium-size bowl. Sprinkle with flour and sugar and toss gently to mix.
- To make the topping, combine oats, almonds, flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in another bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Stir in oil and honey and mix until well blended.
- Spread fruit mixture evenly in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle oat-almond mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake about 45-60 minutes or until fruit is bubbling and topping is lightly browned. Serve warm.
- Note : In early summer, combine raspberries and apricots. In the fall, try a combination of apples and cranberries.
Source : MayoClinic
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Almond - Bake - Cherry - Cinnamon - Nutmeg - Oat