Sun-dried Tomato and Walnut Penne Pasta
This is a great way to get you started with vegetarian cooking. You will love this Sun-dried Tomato and Walnut Penne Pasta. The sun dried tomatoes add a decadent and gourmet flavor to this pasta dish, but the preparation and ingredients are simple and easy. This dish is perfect for your family, just add a salad and garlic bread and enjoy!
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 279 Calories, 13 g. Protein, 22 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 17 g. Fat, 2 g. Saturated Fat, 19 mg cholesterol, 63 mcg folate, 3 mg iron, 135 mg sodium.
- 8 oz. of penne pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of basil
- 1/2 block firm tofu, pressed
- Salt, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. Place garlic in large-size bowl. Add walnuts, tomatoes, oil and basil. Mash in tofu and mix well with a spoon.
- When pasta is ready, drain, and add to mixture in large-size bowl. Toss all ingredients until pasta is well-coated. Pour onto a platter and serve at room temperature or chilled.
Source : About.com
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Tofu - Tomato - Walnut