Sweet Ginger Tisane
A tisane is an infusion of herbs, spices, flowers or fruit steeped in hot water. Ginger adds a spicy flavor to this sipper.
(Make 6 Servings)
Amount Per Serving: 71 Calories, 1 g. Protein, 20 g. carbohydrates, 0 g. Dietary Fiber, 0 g. Fat, 0 g. Saturated Fat, 0 mg. Cholesterol, 8 mg. Sodium
- 6 cups of water
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup of firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 6 Tbsp. of dark honey
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges (For garnish)
- In a large-size saucepan, mix the water, lemon juice and ginger. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat then add the mint and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Pass the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, placed over a pitcher, pressing down lightly on the ginger and mint with the back of a wooden spoon. Discard the mint and ginger.
- Stir the honey into the tisane. Serve hot or iced, garnish with a lemon wedge.
Source : MayoClinic
Recipe Under : 0 to 100 Calories