Watermelon and tomato are two fruits that complement each another in an unusual way. Combine sweet, juicy watermelon chunks with fresh tomato, mint and balsamic vinegar, and top with pistachios for a perfect side dish salad that is the essence of summer. For colorful salad, use both yellow and red watermelon.
Total time: 15 minutes
(Make 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 163 Calories, 4 g. Protein, 15 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 10.5 g. fat (1.5 g. sat), 302 mg. Sodium
- 4 cups of coarsely chopped tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups of coarsely chopped seedless watermelon
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of chopped pistachios
- In a serving bowl, combine tomatoes and watermelon. Toss with oil, mint, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Top with pistachios.
Source : Prevention
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - No Cook - Tomato - Watermelon