Tuna Salad Sandwich
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving (1 sandwich): 224 Calories, 23 g. Protein, 24 g. Carbohydrates, 4 g. Dietary Fiber, 4 g. Fat, 1 g. Saturated Fat, 30 Cholesterol, 440 mg. Sodium
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) of unsalted white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup of celery, small diced
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices of whole-wheat bread
- In small-size bowl, add tuna, celery, lemon juice and mayonnaise and stir well.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on a slice of bread. Top with 1/4 of tuna mixture and another slice of bread. Serve immediately.
- Note : For variety, add tomato slices, 1 tsp. of raisins, 1 Tbsp. of chopped apples or 1/2 tsp. of chopped fresh chives to each sandwich. Served on toasted French bread, this was a wonderful summer lunch!
Source : MayoClinic
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - No Cook