Turkey Sausage and Arugula Pasta
The cheese in this quick and healthy dish is the key to the balance of flavors. For the biggest impact, make sure to use imported Italian cheese. The Turkey Sausage and Arugula Pasta allow you to get dinner on the table in 30 minutes. You can substitute soy sausage links instead of turkey, it is a better way to turn this into a vegetarian meal.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving (generous 1 1/2 cups each): 352 Calories, 18 g. Protein, 47 g. Carbohydrates, 0 g added Sugars, 6 g. Dietary Fiber, 9 g. Fat ( 3 g. sat , 2 g. mono ), 26 mg. Cholesterol, 382 mg. Sodium, 379 mg. Potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (30% daily value), Fiber (26% dv), Vitamin C (20% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2.5 starch, 2 vegetable, 2 medium-fat meat
- 12 oz. of whole-wheat short pasta, such as shells or twists
- 8 oz. of hot Italian turkey sausage links, removed from casings
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 cups of arugula, or baby spinach
- 2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of finely shredded Pecorino Romano, or Parmesan cheese, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1 Tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large-size non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, breaking it up into small pieces with wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 min.
- Stir in garlic, arugula (or spinach) and tomatoes. Cook, stirring often, about 3 min, until greens wilt and tomatoes begin to break down. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- In large-size bowl, combine 1/2 cup of cheese, pepper and salt.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of cooking liquid, drain pasta.
- Whisk cooking liquid and oil into cheese mixture and add pasta, toss to combine.
- To serve, top pasta with sausage mixture and extra sprinkle of cheese, if desired.
Source : EatingWell
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Arugula - Sausage - Tomato