Tuscan Bean and Kale Soup
This weeknight wonder is packed with vegetable and beans. Serve over wild rice. This dish tastes too good toe be healthy.
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 358 Calories, 53 g. Carbohydrates, 9 g. Fat, 18 g. Protein
- 8 oz. of dried cannellini beans
- 2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. of minced fresh sage
- 2 tsp. of minced fresh rosemary
- 7 cups of chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 1/3 lb. of kale, ribs removed, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup of wild rice
- Soak beans overnight in water to cover generously, drain.
- Heat oil in large-sized pot over moderate heat. Add onion and sauté about 5 mins until soft.
- Add garlic, sage and rosemary, sauté about 1 min.
- Add beans and stock. Bring to a simmer, cover and adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook about 60 mins until beans are almost tender.
- Add kale. Cover and continue cooking at a gentle simmer about 20 mins more, until beans and vegetables are tender. (Add a little water if soup gets too thick.)
- Remove pot from heat. Using a wooded spoon, mash some of beans against the side of pot until soup is as thick as you like.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with wild rice.
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Bean - Kale - Onion - Simmer