This heartwarming granola-like breakfast treat is a great way to start your day because of its nutritional values. This healthy recipe is a mixture of grains (rolled oats, all-bran), nuts and seeds (sunflower seed kernels), as well as dried fruits (sultanas, dried apricots, dried dates).
Muesli makes a fiber-packed and iron-loaded breakfast cereal providing sustained energy and keep you feeling full throughout the day. Being low-fat, it will helps to lower your blood glucose level, cholesterol, triglycerides and also kick start your weight loss. Opt for organic, unsalted and unsweetened types of ingredients.
Prep time: 10 minutes
(Make 6 Serves)
Amount Per Serving: 270 Calories, 47 g. Carbohydrates, 6.2 g. Dietary Fiber, 4.1 g. Fat, 0.7 g. Saturated Fat
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of All-Bran
- 1 Tbsp. of sunflower seed kernels
- 1/3 cup of sultanas
- 1/4 cup of chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup of chopped seeded dried dates
- 3 cups of no-fat milk
- 1/2 cup of low-fat yogurt
- In a large-size bowl, combine the rolled oats, All-Bran, sunflower seed kernels and dried fruit. Divide the muesli and milk among serving bowls, top with the yogurt.
- Tips : You can use fruit juice, such as apple juice instead of the milk, if you prefer.
Source : Women’s Weekly
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - 200 to 300 Calories - No Cook