Vanilla Bean Ice-Cream with Espresso Sauce
Prep time: 10 minutes (Plus freezing time)
Cook time: 15 minutes (Plus standing time)
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 231 Calories, 35.6 g. Carbohydrates, 0 g. Dietary Fiber, 7 g. Fat, 3.7 g. Saturated Fat
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup of light evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup of light cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 1 Tbsp. of ground espresso coffee beans
- Split vanilla bean lengthways, scrape seeds into small saucepan. Add vanilla bean, evaporated milk and cream, bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat, cover, stand for 20 min. Discard vanilla bean.
- Meanwhile, in small-size bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar with electric mixer until thick and creamy, gradually stir in vanilla mixture.
- Return mixture to same pan, cook, stirring, over low heat, until mixture thickens slightly (about 15 min, do not allow to boil).
- Strain ice-cream mixture into 8×12-inch lamington pan, cover surface with foil, cool to room temperature. Freeze until almost set.
- Place ice-cream in large-size bowl, chop coarsely. Beat ice-cream with electric mixer until smooth. Pour into 6×9-inch loaf pan, cover, freeze until ice-cream is firm.
- To serve, combine water and coffee in coffee plunger, stand about 2 min. before plunging. Cool about 5 min before serving over ice-cream.
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories