This version of the classic cold potato-leek soup is also good warm. With a short list of ingredients and easy prep, this might be your family’s next weeknight favorite.
(Make 5 serves)
Healthy Recipes Amount per serving (1 cup): 221 Calories, 5.3 g. Protein, 35.1 g. Carbohydrates, 2.5 g. Dietary Fiber, 6.7 g. Fat (2.9 g sat , 1.9 g mono ), 12 mg. Cholesterol, 340 mg. Sodium, 77 mg. Calcium.
- 1 tsp. of vegetable oil
- 3 cups of diced leek (about 3 large)
- 3 cups of diced peeled baking potato (about 1.25 lb.)
- 1 (16 oz.) can of fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup of half-and-half
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/8 tsp. of black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. of minced fresh chives
- In large-size sauce-pan over medium-low heat, heat oil and add leek, cover and cook until soft (about 10 min).
- Stir in potato and chicken broth, bring to a boil. Cover potato mixture, reduce heat to low, and simmer until potato is tender (about 15 min).
- Place potato mixture in blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- Transfer potato mixture to large-size bowl, and cool to room temperature.
- Stir in half-and-half, salt, and black pepper. Cover and chill. Sprinkle soup with minced chives.
Recipe from CookingLight.com
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Simmer