White Beans Chili
White beans, jack cheese and chicken with traditional chili herbs and spices combine to prove that white definitely doesn’t mean bland. Everyone who tasted it absolute love this. This is a great base to a good white chili. Serve with corn bread and salad or a dollop of sour cream.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 357 Calories, 39.3 g. Protein, 27.8 g. Carbohydrates, 6.3 g. Dietary Fiber, 9.7 g. Fat, 81 mg. Cholesterol, 490 mg. Sodium
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 lb.), cut into small cube
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can (4 oz.) of diced green chili
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. of dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. of dried cilantro
- 1/8 tsp. of cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In large-size saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil in a large saucepan. Saute chicken breasts and onion until onion is tender (about 4-5 minutes).
- Stir in chicken broth, green chili, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, cilantro, and cayenne pepper. Reduce heat to low, and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Stir in white beans, and simmer until chicken breasts are no longer pink and juices run clear (about 5 more minutes). Garnish with green onion and shredded cheese.
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Stir Fry