Wholemeal Date Loaf
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
(Make 14 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 186 Calories, 23.7 g. Carbohydrates, 2.9 g. Dietary Fiber, 3.2 g. Fat, 0.5 g. Saturated Fat
- 1 cup of seeded dates, halved
- 2 Tbsp. of boiling water
- 1/2 tsp. of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 oz. of low-fat dairy-free spread
- 2 tsp. of finely grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 6.5 oz. of low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 Tbsp. of wheat germ
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 6-inch x 9-inch loaf pan, line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2-inch above edges of pan.
- In small-size bowl, combine dates, water and bicarbonate of soda, cover, stand for 5 min.
- Beat spread, rind and sugar in small bowl with electric mixture until light and fluffy. Add cheese, beat until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beat until combined.
- Stir in flour, wheat germ and date mixture, pour into prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in oven for 1 hour. Stand 10 min, turn onto wire rack to cool.
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Bake