Yellow Pepper Soup with Yogurt and Cucumbers
This soup is made with cucumbers and firm, zesty, locally grown yellow peppers. The yogurt adds a lovely tang to the soup. And for a bit of fun. Serve with seared Shishito peppers on the side.
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 190 Calories, 23 g. Carbohydrates, 10 g. Fat, 8 g. Protein
- 1 tsp. of fennel seeds, crushed
- 4-7 medium yellow sweet peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup of shallots
- 3/4 tsp. of ground cardamom
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of cucumber, chopped
- 1 (8oz.) carton of low-fat yogurt
- Fennel seeds
- In medium-sized bowl, stir together yogurt and the 1 tsp. of fennel seeds. Cover and let stand for about 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, add oil in large-sized saucepan over medium heat and cook yellow peppers, shallots, and cardamom until peppers begin to soften, for about 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, water, and vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, covered. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Put half of pepper mixture into blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Repeat by adding remaining pepper mixture. Return all to saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until heated thoroughly.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with yogurt mixture, cucumber, and remaining fennel seeds.
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Cucumber - Fennel Seed - Shallot - Simmer - Sweet pepper - Yogurt